How to Qualify for CTET and UPTET Exams
There are several TET exams conducted in India to recruit candidates for various teaching positions in government schools. It is important to know about these exams to apply for teaching positions in different states. People usually get confused regarding the eligibility test held in our country. Among this TET exam, CTET is the Central teacher eligibility test conducted by CBSE to recruit candidates in government schools in the country. On the other hand, there are several TET exams conducted in different states. State governments conduct state teacher eligibility tests. The CTET exams are conducted in over 112 cities across India, and many people apply for them. There is a huge competition among the students applying for this exam.
CTET and UPTET exams
The CTET is a National level exam conducted by the CBSE. Similar to it, the UPTET exam is the Uttar Pradesh teacher eligibility test, conducted by the government of Uttar Pradesh. The selection process for both of these tests is similar.
Difference between CTET and UPTET
- The CTET exams are conducted twice a year, whereas UPTET exams are conducted once a year.
- The CTET follows the guideline stated by the central board of secondary education, while the UPTET follows the guidelines of the state board.
- For appearing in UPTET exams, the candidate must fall within the age limit of 18-35 years. Whereas for CTET exams, there are no age restrictions but the required candidate must have a minimum age of 17 years.
- For the candidate appearing for CTET exams, there is no language barrier for writing the exam, But in UPTET, the mode of examination will be the language which the state decides.
- The candidates who pass the CTET and UPTET exams are awarded an eligibility certificate valid for seven and five years, respectively.
- The candidate appointed under the CTET will be eligible to be recruited in any centrally run government schools, and for the UPTET, they will be eligible for the state-owned schools according to the vacancies.
Eligibility Criteria for CTET and UPTET
The candidates appearing for the CTET and UPTET exams have the same eligibility criteria to be followed. Here are the criteria that should be taken care of before applying for these exams;
For Primary Level
The candidates who want to apply for the primary level education, which includes classes of 1 to 5, fall under paper 1 of both exams. They should satisfy the following conditions:
- The unreserved student must have cleared their 12 class with a minimum of 50% marks.
- For the reserved category, the aspirant must have scored an aggregate of 45% of the marks or have completed a two-year Diploma Program in Elementary Education.
- They can also apply if they have completed four years of Bachelor Program of Elementary Education (B.EL.ED).
For Elementary level
Another set of candidates includes the ones who want to teach the students of elementary level that is from class 6 to 8. They fall under the paper 2 category. They should satisfy the following conditions;
- For the general category aspirants, the candidate must have done a bachelor’s degree in any course and completed the two-year program D.EL.ED.
- And, for the unreserved category, they must have done a bachelor’s degree with minimum marks of 45% and a B.ED program.
Candidates who want to prepare for the CTET and UPTET exams can go through the various apps or the websites from which they can do their preparation. If you are still confused about where to do the preparation, you may visit the BYJUS app, a perfect learning platform. Here, you will be able to easily get resources to study. They conduct various mock tests to boost your confidence. This is the best app that will help you qualify for CTET and UPTET exams, and you will be able to pass the exam with good marks.